Following a recent inspection by Ofsted of Little Sunbeams Preschool and Nursery at Mayfield School we are pleased to confirm the 'overall effectiveness' of the provision was judged to be 'Good ' with 'Outstanding' behaviour and attitudes.
'Little Sunbeams' was established at Mayfield in October 2012. Our new chairperson Mr Lewis Mason and manager Mrs Isobel Edwards would like to congratulate all the staff and children on this lovely result.
This is a testament to all the hard work we have been doing together working in partnership with our parents.
Ofsted recognize that :
- Staff, who are excellent role models, very successfully help children learn the skills they need to regulate their own behaviour.
- Staff take the time to sensitively support children,such as talking through situations they find difficult.
- Staff respond promptly to any delays in children's learning and development. They liaise with other professionals and provide targeted activities to support children effectively. As a result, any gaps in their development are narrowing quickly.
- The manager uses additional funding effectively to help support those who need it most.
- Staff help children to develop a very positive sense of themselves and others.
- Children benefit from experiences that enhance their learning and enjoyment such as outings to the zoo.
- The manager and staff work hard to develop strong partnerships with parents.
- They provide a wealth of information, including how to keep children safe when they use the internet.
- Parents speak highly of staff, they feel well supported and impressed with the progress their children make.
- Staff help children develop the skills they need for the next stages in their learning very well.
- The manager continuously and effectively reflects on the quality of the provision. She ensures staff have plenty of opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills through training and coaching.
Ofsted Report - Little Sunbeams
Inspection of Little Sunbeams - Pre School 08-10-19