Year 11 Prom Update
We are delighted to announce that the Mayfield School prom will take place on 4th July 2018.
This year have been able to invite 163 pupils to attend with 28 of those receiving a half price ticket due to having met the criteria and having 100% attendance.
Those pupils who have not yet qualified and are on a prom contract or who are writing a letter to appeal the decision will be able to buy a full price ticket should their contract/appeal be successful.
Behaviour and Rewards
Rewarding students for effort, achievement and attendance is fundamental to the ethos of our school. The vast majority of our students are great ambassadors for us and we should ignore them at our peril.
The school’s rewards system is designed to be fair and transparent as well as allowing students to be recognised for their outstanding achievement.
Every member of staff within the Mayfield community can issue achievement points to students. Achievement points are collated every six weeks and the top students from each house are rewarded for their efforts in a celebration assembly. Achievement points have a direct impact on attendance to the prom and rewards trips. Click here for details of criteria for the prom and reward trips.
We also have a number of different ways of rewarding students including;
- Weekly texts to parents, recommended by every member of staff for any student demonstrating “outstanding efforts”. These recommendations are completed during the Monday afternoon staff briefing, logged and sent by support staff.
- Every 6 weeks through the data capture, students that maintain excellent grades or show significant improvement will receive recognition through assemblies, letters home, certificates or corridor displays.
- Raffle tickets for a chance to win the attendance prize at the end of the academic year.
- Achievement points for all pupils with 100% attendance for the week.
- "Double up" weeks on achievement points for attendance throughout the year.
- Free prom tickets for any year 11 student with 100% attendance for the academic year as long as they have met the published criteria.
Please note that students who fail to meet the initial prom criteria will not be entitled to a free prom ticket even if they have 100% attendance.