Following a recent inspection by OfSTED of the “Little Sunbeams” preschool at Mayfield School, we are delighted to confirm the ‘overall effectiveness’ of the Nursery provision was judged to be ‘Outstanding’.
“Little Sunbeams” was established at Mayfield in October 2012 following a move from another site. Chairperson of the management committee is Mrs. Thelma Reynolds and the Nursery Manager is Mrs. Isobel Edwards.
Mrs. Reynolds stated “We are over the moon for OfSTED to have visited and to have secured the highest possible judgement. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the National Lottery for awarding funding to us and to Mr. Jeapes and the staff at Mayfield for welcoming us.”
Mrs. Edwards stated “I would like to congratulate all of the staff and children on this result. This is a testament to the work we have been doing together.”
OfSTED recognised that;
- The manager and staff are highly successful in organising and providing excellent opportunities for children to achieve and make very good progress across all areas of learning.
- Staff show strong skills as key persons in recognising children’s learning needs. They purposefully extend child-led activities to promote and include children’s individual next steps in development.
- Staff supervision and appraisal arrangements are highly effective. This means that staff are dedicated to working together as a team to meet children’s individual needs.
- Staff are proactive and motivated. They have clear and well-targeted plans for continual improvement, to improve outcomes for children.
- There are highly successful strategies to engage all parents in their children’s learning in the setting and at home. This encourages parents and carers to understand the importance of their involvement in children’s everyday development.
Mr. Jeapes, Headteacher of Mayfield School said “We are delighted this new provision has established itself both quickly and so effectively. It is great that OfSTED has recognised the positive impact that the senior school is having on the pre-school. This outcome provides an excellent foundation on which to build our Infant School in September 2014.”
Cllr Rob Wood said "I would like to congratulate all involved on the success of this project. It is particularly pleasing to see cross phase working so well and provides an excellent model for the future of the city. Mayfield is rapidly establishing itself as a centre of excellence and OfSTED’s approval comes at a very timely moment given the recent decision to start a statutory consultation around changing the age range of Mayfield School."
Download The OfSTED Report below:
Little Sunbeams Ofsted Report - 2013-05-02