Specific Duties to the Class Teacher
- Plan and deliver high quality lessons across assigned sections of the school.
- Develop assigned schemes of work.
- Contribute to assemblies and other gathering.
- Act as a tutor or pastoral lead for a group of pupils.
- Contribute to the quality assurance of all aspects of the work within a team or subject area.
- Have an overview of patterns of achievement for assigned groups of pupils through SISRA or other data analysis tools and work with subject or phase leaders and others to provide timely intervention.
- Participate within school wide systems such as termly data collection, appraisal, CPD, quality assurance.
- Develop parental engagement.
- Attend meetings as directed.
- Contribute to transition work between phases.
- Support and contribute to the school reward systems.
- Meet internal and external deadlines.
- Oversee relevant cost centres and always ensure that the school secures “best value”.
- Contribute to the development of Mayfield’s vision as expressed in the latest version of the Staff Handbook.
- Liaise with teams to provide co-ordinated support for assigned pupils.
- Contribute to individual educational plans, and case conferences as required.
- Actively encourage the development of positive relationships and promote confidence in care and education of pupils with parents/carers, reporting their concerns to designated staff.
- Run extra-curricular activities.
- To undertake a maximum teaching commitment of 90% FTE with a further reduction of 10% for ECTs. This load is pro-rata for part time staff.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not restrictive and the post-holder may be required to undertake any other duties that may be required from time to time. Any such duties should not however substantially change the general character of the post.
Salary: MPR 1-6 (£28,000 TO £38,810) or UPR 1-3 (£40,625 to £43,685)
Closing Date: 21 July 2023, 12.00pm
Completed application forms should be returned no later than 12pm, Friday 21st July 2023
to [email protected] or by post to Mayfield School, Mayfield Road, Portsmouth, PO2 0RH. We will be reviewing applications as they come in and reserve the right to close this process early.
References will be taken up immediately after shortlisting. Candidates are asked to ensure that their referees are advised of this.
Safer Recruitment Mayfield School and Portsmouth Local Authority are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS Disclosure at the Enhanced level will be required.
Data Protection Act 1998 You should be aware that the information you have provided will be stored on Portsmouth City Councils' secure recruitment database and will only be used to process your application. It will not be passed to any other organisation.